Clear Bag Policy
Clear Bag Policy
Why is this policy being adopted by Oregon State Athletics?
As an additional security measure and to provide our fans a more consistent and efficient entry process, Oregon State Athletics is implementing a bag policy for all ticketed athletic events beginning with baseball games in Spring 2018. This policy limits the size and types of bags that are permitted inside the stadium, but is not a restriction on many of the items that fans have brought into the stadium in the past.
What types of bags are permitted at ticketed events?
Approved bags include clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12”x 6”x 12”; one gallon clear, re-sealable plastic storage bags; and small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 8.5” (approximately the size of a hand) with or without a handle or strap.
Are purses or handbags permitted at ticketed events?
Only purses or handbags that meet the size and type requirements above.
How many bags can each person bring into the venue?
Each person is permitted one (1) clear plastic bag and one (1) small clutch per the size restrictions outlined above. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items but is subject to search.
Can I carry cameras, binoculars, phones, or tablets separately from what I put in a clear bag?
Yes. We are limiting only the type of bags carried into athletic facilities, not necessary items that you normally bring to a game. Fans can continue to carry approved items such as keys, phones, wallets, makeup, blankets, etc., even if you choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch. In addition, you can carry a blanket over your arms, and binoculars and/or camera around your neck or in your hands without the case. You can use the clear bag and clutch to carry other items. You will continue to have the flexibility to bring a wide variety of approved items into the stadium.
Has the Prohibited Items List changed as well with this new bag policy?
Yes. In an effort to better communicate and enforce approved and prohibited items, Oregon State has elected to provide fans with an approved items list. Items not included on this list are prohibited within the facility. Fans are encouraged to bring only necessary items to games. All guests and items are subject to search.
The purpose of restricting items to those listed below is to ensure safety and the lack of significant disruption, as well as to create a welcoming environment for fans of all ages and a supportive environment for all student-athletes.
Oregon State Athletics Approved Items List:
- Baby bottles
- Banners, signs and flags
- Banners, signs and/or flags must be handheld, cannot obstruct the views of others, and cannot hang from stadium facades or be attached to a pole.
- Banners, signs and/or flags are prohibited if they contain any content that:
- violates OSU’s non-discrimination policy by targeting particular groups of individuals based on race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age or disability;
- includes swear words;
- includes obscene images;
- is directed negatively towards individuals or teams on-site.
- Cameras for still photography
- Clear bags no larger than 12”x6”x12” or a one gallon clear plastic storage bag
- Empty water bottles(non-metal and non-glass)
- Please note that non-factory sealed water bottles and/or thermoses containing liquid will not be allowed into any OSU facility.
- Factory sealed plastic water bottles (1.0 liter or smaller)
- Medically required liquids
- Necessary personal effects such as keys, wallets, make-up, scorecards, etc.
- Outside food for dietary/medical needs and for children who do not require a ticket (2 and under)
- Plastic or cardboard toy chainsaws (after proper inspection)
- Seat cushions
- Service animals
- Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5” x 8” (approx. the size of a hand), with or without a handle or strap
- Umbrellas that fit within a clear bag (note that umbrellas may not be opened within any facility and are subject to confiscation if opened).
Any item not on the approved items list will not be allowed into any OSU facility.
Oregon State University is a Smoke Free University. In accordance, smoking, including electronic and vapor products, is prohibited in or around OSU Athletics venues
Are diaper bags allowed into Oregon State Athletic Facilities?
Diaper bags that are clear and adhere to the clear bag policy requirements are permitted. All other type of diaper bags will not be allowed inside the stadium.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried into Oregon State Athletic Facilities?
Yes. This includes seat cushions with pockets and/or zippers, which will be subject to search on entry.
What happens if I show up at the entrance with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans with a prohibited bag will not be permitted inside the stadium. Fans with prohibited bags will need to return their bags to their vehicle, and transfer their belongings to an approved clear plastic bag before entering the athletic venue. In the early stages of the implementation process, athletics will provide bag check stations at each venue to check any prohibited bag and contents. Please note Oregon State Athletics will check all bags upon check-in and any non-approved items will not be accepted.
If I have certain medical items/equipment that I need to bring into the venue what do I do?
Fans with medically necessary items may enter at any gate but will be subject to additional screening. Supervisors at each entrance will assist.
Are other schools/teams adopting a Clear Bag Policy?
The majority of PAC‐12 schools and a number of other college facilities have adopted a clear bag policy for a majority of their events. Clear bags are an additional security measure that the Oregon State Athletic Department is implementing to improve fan safety and provide our fans a more consistent and efficient entry process.
Will this policy affect any tailgating items?
No. Tailgating at Oregon State University will not be affected by the new clear bag policy.